Time for Wardrobe Wednesday. This week's inspiration is color block. I have added a retro touch to the entire outfit with the green aviators.
I am wearing
Top : Lifestyle
Skirt : Lifestyle (Splash collection as seen in Yellow Summer).
Chain : Made by me (as seen in Bling Cat)
Heels : Catwalk (as seen in Metallic Mayhem, Black,white and Metallic me)
Bag : crunchyfashion.com
Watch and Sunglasses : Fastrack
The colorblock trend was seen on both the Spring and Fall runways. From Mercedes Benz fashion week to Wills India Lifestyle Fashion week, color block trend is back on the ramp. Few tips to remember while you color block and how you can incorporate it into your wardrobe.
1. Have at least two 2 colors and ensure you do not exceed 4 colors. (I chose 4 colors)
2. Block Solid colors. Do not block colored prints and multiple stripes.
3. Understand your body type. Larger men and women may not want to do any blocking with bright colors around the mid section.
4. Don't wear a color-block print with more darkness/lightness difference than naturally occurs between your hair, skin and eyes. For example, bold blocks of cobalt blue and lime green will be overwhelming if you have pale skin and hair. .
5. Color-block prints by typically break up or visually fracture the elongating and lean line solids given to a figure. If you are petite, be cautious of further shorten your look
6. Pick colors in similar shades-- i.e. don't mix pastels with brights.
7. Avoid excessive accessories when you are color blocking.
8. Want a low-risk way of trying the trend? Wear a pair of color-block shoes, slip on a few bracelets or carry a handbag in the motif with a simple plain outfit.
Here are my few favorite color block outfits. Hopefully it will help in inspiring you in trying color blocking.
Few notes from Devner post and photo courtesy Fabsugar.
Hope these tips will help you in styling better. If you have any query while trying color blocking or any questions regarding the same, drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here.
You can also connect with me via twitter or facebook.
Loads of love,