It's time for Wardrobe Wednesday. This week's inspiration is Military Jacket and Lace Dress.
I am wearing
Lace Dress (dress worn as skirt) - Lifestyle (Splash Collections)
Military Jacket - Lifestyle (Splash Collections) (Dress and jacket bought during sale for 1000 Rs each.)
Pearl earrings - Vintage
Watch : Fastrack
Envelope Clutch - Crunchyfashion.com
Shoes - Trendz Bangalore (Got during 50% sale - cost me 800 Rs)
Cat Eye Sunglasses - Vision Express (Got during 40% sale - cost me 800 Rs)
Make up - M.A.C / Maybelline.
Lace continues to be one of the biggest trend this season. This spring we did see Military jackets make a comeback in Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
Two people who I think have rocked the Military trend are Kate Middleton , Duchess of Cambridge.She adds a very sophisticated touch to the trend. The second person is of course none other than "Michael Jackson". Can any of us forget the outrageous military jackets, the moon walk and the amazing songs??
But the biggest question is how to incorporate military trend for every-day looks? The best way to incorporate overly-fashionable trends is moderation. Few tips on how to incorporate Military trend :
1. One of the best way to break the femininity of lace dress is by teaming it up with wear a military jacket. (Like I have)
2. Be reasonable with the patterns and buttons to reduce the gaudiness the military trend tends to carry.
3. Ensure the military jacket stands out by pairing it with neutrals.( I have paired it with black)
4. Add a little pop of color in your accessories. (I have added red color in terms of heels and envelope clutch). Don't go overboard with colors. Remember one bright color at a time.
5. Pearl earrings are a perfect way to add a sophisticated look to the entire outfit.
Another great way of styling Military Jackets is colored Denims. Levi's has come up with new ankle skinny jeans as a part of Levi’s® Curve ID – custom fitting jeans that’s all about shape not size. Its inspired by Audrey Hepburn's timeless style, elegance and class.
The new denim collection for Spring 2012 features a wide variety of innovative, on-trend finishes ranging from bright indigo, tomato red and sunset coral to authentically crafted and worn looks. Have you checked out Levi's Curve ID yet???
For any queries on styling please feel free to contact me via Facebook, Twitter. You guys can drop me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here :)
P.S. THANKS FOR HELPING ME CROSS 50,000 HITS MILESTONE :) THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT :)
Loads of love,