Have you ever thought of rocking your floral dress to office? If not hopefully today's post will inspire you to.
I am wearing..
Floral Dress (as a shirt) - Courtesy Dressshop.in (BUY HERE!!)
Beige Formal Skirt- Wills Lifestyle Outlet (Bought during 50% sale for 750 Rs)
Bag - La BELLE -(Bought during sale on Yebhi.com for 565 Rs)
Accessories (Ring and Earrings)- Stilettos Diary Shop
Beige High Heels - Portia (Bought during sale on 99 LABELS for 500 Rs.)
On my nails - Lakme Fast & Fabulous (Shade - 17)
On my lips - Coco Rouge by Chanel (Shade -39)
Have you ever thought of rocking floral prints trend to your office? Well this Dorothy Dress (BUY HERE!) from dressshop.in. is an worthy investment. Not only can you style it as a jacket (SEEN HERE!!) but also as a formal shirt. The print is not overwhelming and it adheres to all the corporate dress code set in Indian companies.
I styled the floral shirt dress with beige skirt I picked up from Wills Lifestyle. I kept the styling simple with beige bag and skirt. I prefer wearing pleasant colors to office. I did add a bit of color via my coral nail paint. I completed the look with a pearl ring and simple stud earrings.
I got few emails asking me about how to dress to work. I have made few points to remember while creating your workplace wardrobe.
1. A white shirt: Worn with smart black trousers and a simple pearl necklace it is goes smart casual. When paired with a black pantsuit it means strictly business.
2. Black pants : You can never have too many of these. Creative types can branch out into longer cropped styles. Also invest in other colors like grey and beige.
3. Low-heeled pumps : Closed-toe styles can go anywhere. While you may be limited to dark colors to match your suits, you can experiment with materials and textures for interest: suede, exotic skins, polished leather. Not everyone is comfortable in high heels plus I prefer to avoid the "clanking" noise caused by high heels while walking in office.
4. Structured handbag. A smooth, black or brown handbag with a structured frame gives you a pulled-together, tailored look. You can always tie a pretty scarf on the handle or attach some charms for a personal touch.
5. Slim belts : Not only will these help in pulling a well tailored look but also add the little pop color required in formal outfits. Go for colors like electric blue, pastel green. Ensure to only style it with a white shirt and black pants.
6. Well fitted skirts : Beige, black grey are the basic neutral colors. You can always style it pleasant color shirts. Grey and baby pink is a lovely color combination.
7. Well fitted black blazer : A blazer can add the required sophistication and business look to any outfit. A black blazer is a must.
8. Pearl accessories : Loud, colorful accessories never seen pleasantly during office meetings. Best alternative is pearl earrings. You can also try simple charmed necklaces, bracelets and rings.
Apart from this you can always wear a dress( ensure the prints aren't loud) and a blazer to give it a business look.What do you think of the styling? I shall wait for all your comments.
P.S. Check out my previous post how I style the same floral dress as a jacket. (CLICK HERE!!!)
Don't forget to join Stilettos Diary and Dark horse Jewellery Giveaway. (CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PARTICIPATE.)
For any queries on styling please feel free to contact me via Facebook, Twitter or drop me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here :)