I hardly get a chance to do photo shoot of my everyday work outfits. Fortunately, I finally got a chance. We were shooting a video in office for internal use, I made the best use of the opportunity and asked my colleague Sunith "WITH KELLY" (he will understand the pun while reading this blog post) to click few photos for my blog.
Whenever I have client meetings, I am usually dressed in formals (more so only skirts! I don't know why, I have an aversion to formal pants). Remember I told I went crazy shopping in H&M Store in Malaysia? Well my entire outfit is the fruit of spending hours in H&M Store. India does not have any H&M Store, but fortunately H&M has got clearance from FIPB India. It would be investing about 7.2 billion in India and have plans to open about 50 stores across India by 2015. Until H&M Stores comes to India, do bug your friends who stay abroad to shop on behalf of you (That's what I used to do and still do :))
Previously I had done a post about Smart Casuals (Read Here) and today I would be sharing few tips I keep in mind while wearing formal wear outfits.
1. Invest in good formal trousers or skirts in grey, black, brown and blue. If you love to experiment like me then opt for other colors such as purple, bottle green and khaki. Light colors such as white and cream look very good if you can manage to keep them look clean for a whole day (for me, this is like a herculean task).
2. Always ensure that the trousers cover your foot and stop halfway of your shoe heels.
3. If you love experimenting, then I suggest that you invest in two tone skirts or trousers. I have worn them to office and adds a classy touch to formal wear.
5. Ensure the Business suits are tailor-made (it makes a huge difference). Dark shades make you look slimmer. Grey, black are common colors, but if you love to experiment teal and white blazer adds a great sophisticated formal touch to any outfit.
6. Experiment with blouses especially blouses made of silk material. The flow of the fabric makes the outfit look formal even if it is of bright color.
7. If you are a daredevil like me, then mix printed shirts with waist coat to infuse a change in everyday work outfit.
1. A closed shoe with heels (upto 3 inches, if you are comfortable in heels, then upto 4 inches) is formal. Nude and black pump heels are a must have in work wardrobe.
2. Peep toe heels are also acceptable. Ensure your shoe is polished and clean at all times.
3. Avoid Sneakers, flip-flops, open sandals and extremely high heels.
1. Wear minimum make up. Light foundation, eyeliner and light colored lipstick is ideal.
2. Nails must be trimmed regularly and ensure nails are not chipped off.
Wear light perfume or deodorant. My favorite perfume is Chanel No 5.
1. Scarves are great add on, it can be styled with shirts, sweaters and even waist coats.
2. Most people usually don't wear heavy jewellery. I am an exception to this rule. I always wear a statement necklace with most of my outfits.
3. A simple watch is a must have accessory to have.
I hope you found these tips useful. Hopefully, I can do more of work related outfits (I love formal wears and business suits). Do share your thoughts on styling.